Take a photograph featuring your BJD in your interpretation of the competition theme for your chance to win some great prizes!
Theme: "After Dark"
Description: What do your dolls get up to after dark? Are they dancing the night away, plotting world domination, or getting up to trouble while you sleep?
Prizes: There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize, all donated by our generous sponsors.
- The photo must be taken for the competition. No older photos will be accepted.
- The photo cannot be posted online until after the winners have been announced.
- Similarly photos or videos from the competition shoot should not be posted online until after winners have been announced to ensure that your entry remains as anonymous as possible.
- The photo must feature a BJD as the main subject, and the doll used in the photo must be owned by you. If there is more than one doll in the photo, then at least one of them must be owned by you.
- The entrant must be at the Melbourne BJD Emporium on the day of the event and sign in as a competition entrant at the front desk.
- Photoshop and other photo editing software can be used, but sparingly (lighting and colour correction, cropping, etc). The competition is about the photography, rather than the editing.
- These images will be on display on the day of the event, so please ensure that the image is family friendly. Artistic nudity is allowed, however content deemed too explicit may not be.
- Only one entry (image) per person.
- The image sent must be high resolution (at least 2,500-3000 pixels on its largest side) and at least 300 dpi, in jpeg format.
- File size can be no larger than 5mb
- No text or watermarks on the images please.
Please email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title "Photo Competition September 2016"
In the email, please include the following information:
- Mobile No.
- Doll sculpt/s
- Title of photo
Submission deadline: Friday September 9th, 11:59pm
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry, entrants agree to the rules and regulations stated on this page.
- Images may be used for marketing and promotion purposes on our website and Facebook page.
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not related sufficiently to the theme, or is not suitable for a general audience.